Repeat prescriptions can be ordered by
- online via Patient Access: https://www.patientaccess.com/
- telephone Monday to Friday 11.00am – 5.30pm
- face to face at the reception desk
- by sending your request by post (provide a stamped addressed envelope)
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure that your request for a repeat prescription, contains – your name, date of birth and your practice computer reference number, which can be found on the right hand side of your current repeat prescription in the top left hand corner. Then a list of the repeat items that you need.)
For repeat prescriptions please use the previous prescription form and tick the boxes on the right hand side for the items you require, you can then place these in the box marked prescriptions in the foyer avoiding any queueing at reception desk, alternatively you can place requests for prescriptions through our practice letter box during hours of surgery closing.
We will endeavour to have your routine repeat prescription ready for collection 48 hour later based on routine opening hours.
We can post your requested prescription back to you, but only if you provide a stamped addressed envelope, (please advise the reception staff if you wish to have you prescriptions posted back to you).
Alternatively you can arrange with a chemist to collect your prescription on your behalf, but please advise our reception staff if you choose this option so that no prescription is inadvertently passed to the wrong person. Please do not try to order items which you have not had recently or that are not on repeat as this may delay processing your prescription request.
We are keen to ensure that patients with ongoing medical problems are monitored regularly. If the date for your next review with a doctor or nurse has passed, you may be asked to make an appointment for a medication review.